This policy sets out how Tractivity Ltd (‘the Company’ ‘We’ ‘us’) uses and protects any information that you give us when using this website or any of the Company’s services. For existing customers, it should be viewed in conjunction with the Tractivity Licence Agreement.
This policy also applies to anyone emailing or telephoning the Company or any visitors to our public websites, including tractivity.co.uk.
Recourse, enforcement and liability
We are of course committed to processing and storing all Personal Data received in accordance with the UK Government Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and also ensuring that data received about any European Union or Swiss national is handled in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). What information do we collect? We collect information about you when you register with us, engage with us on our website via our online live chat service, or place an order for our services. When you download marketing documentation or contact us to schedule a demonstration, we collect and maintain Personal Data so we can include you in our marketing database, comply with your request, and send you information on our products and services. Personal Data we collect for these purposes will usually include your name and contact information. If you contact us by phone, we may also keep a copy of that information. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us.
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- provide you with the information requested;
- provide you with information that is similar to that which you have already enquired about;
- notify you about changes to our service.
Your full prospect profile is stored within our marketing and sales systems. Your profile is available only to our employees with a legitimate business need such as the Marketing and Sales Team.
The information we collect will be directly related to your business and may include personal and sensitive details, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Name, email, job title and contact numbers
- Business address
- Business process information
- Geo-location data – the Company may have access to geo-location data as indicated by your IP address. We collect and process IP addresses of all devices where some of our services are made available on (i.e. tractivity.co.uk). Collecting and processing your geo-location data refers to mobile devices as well as computers.
How will we use the information about you?
The Company reserves the right to disclose Personal Data and other information relating to the user to third parties, natural persons or entities providing services to us or acting as our agents as part of our provision of the service (customer/support services, email, text messages providers, live chat providers, or others). This we would deem normal business practice.
The Company will not share or sell your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
We are accredited with both ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus which demonstrate that we take technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have implemented a variety of technical and organisational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unlawful processing, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, alteration and destruction. These include limiting access to the databases to a limited number of authorised staff; access to the databases is password-protected, ensuring all data is encrypted when in transit and where possible all data is encrypted at rest.
Special Categories of Data
We do not request or require you to provide any special categories of Personal Data including for example genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural persona, or information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation. If we become aware of any such data having been submitted to us, we will, where reasonably practicable, endeavour to delete it.
The amount of time we hold your Personal Data will vary but shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
We may wish to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies we partner with which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you are already subscribed to the Company for marketing purposes and wish to no longer be contacted, please contact us.
Access to your Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us – details are at the foot of this Policy Document.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate and we will process your request within 10 working days of your request being received.
If you decide to be removed from our system, we will respond to your request within 10 working days at which point your profile will be ‘archived’. This archival will retain some restricted Personal Data in order to respond to any requests, support or defend any claims in accordance with statutory retention periods.
We ensure that you have certain rights in relation to the Personal Data we process. The General Data Protection Regulation came into effect in May 2018. Included within the Regulations the following are applicable to individuals and their rights over Personal Data supplied to us;
- Complaints can be made to the supervisory authority which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
- Individuals can withdraw their Personal Data at any time by contacting the Company.
- Individuals may access their Personal Data, have it rectified or erased by contacting our Company.
- If we implement automated Personal Data processing (including profiling) we will advise the individuals affected.
- An individual may object to certain types of processing e.g. direct marketing and decisions based solely on automated processing.
- Personal Data will only be held for as long as there is a legitimate need.
- Details in respect of our Data Protection Officer can be provided on request.
How to Contact Us
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Tractivity Limited, Systems House, Deepdale Business Park, Bakewell. DE45 1GT
If you have any concerns regarding the way we have stored or processed your data, then you can speak to the Information Commissioners Office.