Effective stakeholder engagement begins with a stakeholder management plan. How you strategise with project managers will determine how well you’re able to communicate with all stakeholders.
Here we’ll answer your most common questions regarding stakeholder engagement.
A stakeholder management plan is an official document that outlines how to engage stakeholders in a project. By strategising how and when stakeholders will be involved, a stakeholder project team can optimise the positive impact of stakeholders on the project.
Stakeholder Project Management includes identifying stakeholders, analysing their impact and expectations, developing plans to collaborate with the stakeholders and administering the process. Consistent communication is expected throughout the stakeholder project management process.
A few examples of stakeholders include directors, employees, creditors, government (and agencies), suppliers, owners in the company (shareholders), unions, suppliers, and the community surrounding the business that is impacted by its decisions.
1. Schedule meetings: Take initiative to schedule meetings, rather than your stakeholders.
2. Send out weekly or monthly newsletters: Be consistent in sending up to date information via email.
3. Have online meetings: With hundreds or thousands of stakeholders, online meetings are more practical than meeting in person most of the time.
4. Prioritise offline meetings as well: Make sure you’re also scheduling meetings face-to-face.
5. Deliver project summary reports: Keep your stakeholders up to date with project summaries after a project finishes.
6. Schedule conference calls: If you’re unable to meet online or face to face, get on a call.
7. Meet informally for lunch: It’s one of the best ways to show your stakeholders they’re part of the team.
As you may know, stakeholder engagement sits at the heart of every project that you work on, and whether internal or external, is critical to your business succeeding. If stakeholder engagement matters to you, stakeholder management software should be something that will interest you.
Tractivity offers stakeholder management software and is an all in one management system for Stakeholder Communication, Engagement and Reporting. Tractivity is extensively used by a whole range of organisations in the Energy, Utilities, Transport and NHS sectors to manage their stakeholder interactions. Tractivity organises stakeholders, communication and reporting together for one central source for stakeholder management.
Tractivity can send branded mailshots, manage events, build surveys, send text messages, generate letters and send both mass and one-to-one emails. This means the business will have no more separate logins to various comms tools, no more licence subscriptions with different expiry dates and a single tool used consistently organisation-wide.
Tractivity reports gather information from the entire project and summarise key activity whenever you need it. Tractivity also helps you gather real insights from your stakeholders, at any time.
A demonstration of Tractivity is quick and straightforward to set up, and we assure you that any product demonstration will be with one of our product experts and not a salesperson. Click here to book in for a demonstration of Tractivity.